Re: digiKam dead, cannot import from camera

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 10:46:32AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetimgs all;
>
> Something wiped my passwd so was forced to install bookworm. This time I
> install both kde and gnome desktops, gnome looks great, just one major
> problem.
>
> Something with "gvfsd-gphoto2 service" in its name is being blamed for
> digiKam being able to see the pix in the camera when a usb cable is plugged
> into it [...]

This would hint at an udev rule. I have little idea about the brave new
systemd world, but this one [1] recommends doing (in a terminal, most
likely with sudo):

  udevadm control --log-priority=debug
  journalctl -f

the first one setting the udev system into debug mode, the second one
doing what amounts to a 'tail -f /var/log/messages'

So try this and watch things unfolding while you plug in and out your
expensive camera. Most probably we get a hint on which package you
are supposed to configure so it doesn't get in the way.

Cheers