Re: Why does Debian have code names for releases?

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 12:25:27 -0400
Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 12:21 PM Charles Curley
> <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> > Microsoft Windows versioning is not an example of a best practice.
>
> Hear, hear!
>
> Is anything they do a best practice nowadays? Most of my interactions
> with the company are their endless stream of pornographic spam from
> SharePointOnline.com.

I think Microsoft programmers are excellent, but they are required to
work within purely commercial constraints and with a view to maintaining
a near-world-monopoly.

This means an outright hostility to interaction with not-invented-here
software, which doesn't encourage good programming practice.

It started with using backslashes instead of forward slashes to
separate directories in DOS, and went downhill from there.

--
Joe