Debian on Macbook 2021 and keyboard [was: debian-user-digest Digest V2023 #416]

On Sat, May 06, 2023 at 09:13:19PM -0500, Mike Zelenak wrote:
> Hi, I am new here.  Can anybody help me with this; I have a 2021 Macbook
> Pro 16" and am trying to install Debian via USB to USB C.

I can't help you with MAC, but perhaps with finding someone who could.

A couple of hints:

 - Put a subject line people can recognize. See, this list has quite a
   bit of traffic (roughly 500 posts per month) and lots of subscribers
   (roughly 3000). Help people willing to help you by chosing a relevant
   subject line. I tried to fix that for you in my current answer.

 - Don't "top post", i.e. don't copy the message you are answering to
   as a whole below your mail. I know, it is customary in some corporate
   environments and has leaked to general use, but it works horribly in
   bigger mailing lists and makes everyone's life harder. Best if you
   *only* copy the relevant parts of the mail you are replying to.
   Remember: all volunteers here, many willing to help you. Help them.

 - Never, ever answer to a totally unrelated mail with another topic
   (happens to everyone of us from time to time). It is confusing.
   Much more coufusing is to answer to a digest (as you did here).
   See, attached to your mail there were other 13 which had nothing
   at all to do with your question. Mails we all had already seen.

Now to your question:

> The boot loader
> is recognizing the keyboard and trackpad on the 2007 keyboard I want to use
> but the OS will not recognize it once opened.  I only have one USB - USB C
> connector.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
> On Sat, May 6, 2023 at 8:34 PM <debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org>
> wrote:

[...]

I hope someone has an idea how to help you :-)

Cheers & good luck
--
tomás