Re: processing /etc/sysctl.d

On 5/4/23, Michel Verdier <mv524@free.fr> wrote:
> Le 4 mai 2023 Greg Wooledge a écrit :
>
>> A guess: perhaps this parameter cannot be set during the initial boot,
>> because the enp1s0 interface isn't in a working state yet.
>
> Yes setting parameter on interface is better done in
> /etc/network/interfaces or /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
> which is used when the interface is configured
> with a stanse like
>
> auto enp1s0...
>   sysctl net/ipv6/conf/default/accept_ra = 1

I suspect that won't work for me:

$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

$ ls -l interfaces.d
total 0

I didn't know what I was doing when I set this machine up & used the
GUI interface to network manager to configure a static ipv4 address.
Or at least I think it's network manager .. ps shows it as
/usr/bin/nm-connection-editor

Thanks
Lee