Re: EPSON ET M 1120 new printer: If You can read this, you are using the wrong driver

On Tue, 02 May 2023 13:40:01 +0200 "Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i wrote:
>
>>> i see 100% non-Hanlon opinions including a "sudo rm -R /"
>>> assassination attempt.
>
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
>> Murder by a Hanlon razor. Now that would be... something.
>
> It would only be deadly if the assassination target is indeed stupid
> and not just pretending.
>
>> Perhaps this is just a dark tentacle of ChatGPT, probing the
>> more fringe aspects of human psychology.
>
> Some german list members speculated about a psychology or sociology
> experiment going on. Nevertheless i think to have observed Sophie
> before ChatGPT (but after ELIZA).
>
>> It's coming from a Microsoft domain, after all.
>
> What is our position on Microsoft Inc. and Hanlon's Razor ?

I don't know about your position, but I find myself repeating
Hanlon's Razor a lot: "Never ascribe to malice that which can
adequately be explained by stupidity."  But then, in the back
of my mind, a little voice replies: "But Microsoft isn't stupid!"

--
/~\  Charlie Gibbs                  |  Microsoft is a dictatorship.
\ /  <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid>      |  Apple is a cult.