Re: disk usage for /usr/lib on bullseye

On Tue 02 May 2023 at 13:03:48 (-0400), songbird wrote:
> David Wright wrote:
> > It seems a bluff was called. Anyway, I got
> >   0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> > as it seems bookworm's libfreetype6 was upgraded overnight.
>
>   that was the only upgrade i saw this morning for my
> testing partition.

It's the "0 to remove" that was significant, ie apt purge
did nothing: no packages removed, no configuration files
removed, no syntax error, no nothing.

> > And I'm not brave; the system was installed last night for the
> > umpteenth time, this partition having been used to test the d-i
> > for bookwork-RC1 several times for different purposes.
>
>   if you're running testing you're a step further towards
> chaos than those who run stable, but it's ok if you've
> been running it long enough to know what to expect.  for
> me that is the most important thing, i know what i can
> expect and so far Debian has been consistent in meeting
> those expectations.

No chaos here: I've been installing bookwork-RC1 to attempt to
replicate problems reported by others here, though I no longer
have any MBR-partitioned disks, nor do I run exotic filesystems
or VMs either.

I haven't had the time to use bookworm beyond installing the
basic system, and there's been no real imperative to use it
as bullseye is working well on all my systems, which are from
six to nineteen years old.

Cheers,
David.