Re: "Bug" in Debian Installer?

On 4/17/23 21:47, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 17 Apr 2023 at 15:26:58 (-0700), David Christensen wrote:

I have never seen a document that completely and accurately explains,
in computer engineering and science terms, the design and
implementation of the boot processes for Debian (or FreeBSD, or
Windows, or macOS) for all the possible combinations of BIOS, UEFI,
MBR, and GPT; including work-arounds such as "protective MBR", "BIOS
Boot Partition", etc..  If anyone knows of such, please provide a
citation.

You might start with:

   https://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/whatsgpt.html

Thank you for the link.

I will expand my statement to: d-i should inform the user and obtain
their permission before making changes to a computer.

As in "Permission to break an egg, sir"? Did not pressing Enter in
reply to "Install" imply something?

d-i modifying a disk without explicit notification and permission is unacceptable.

d-i modifying NVRAM without explicit notification and permission is unacceptable.

Do you contribute to d-i?

David