"Bug" in Debian Installer?

Ive just used the Debian 11 installer ISO running from a USB stick to do an install (AMD64/UEFI) on another USB stick to use as a 'portable PC'.

When it got to the Grub install stage I was expecting it to ask me which disk I wanted Grub installed on as it has in the past but instead it did not.

When I came to reboot the PC I found not only had it put Grub on the USB it had also put on the PCs NVMe SSD overwriting the Windows bootloader on there.

Surely it should have prompted which disk I wanted it on? I thought it was only Windows that trashed other peoples bootloaders ;)

Regards

Andrew