Re: how to limit a CPU temperature?

On 11/04/2023 07:12, songbird wrote:
   the bios did let me turn down the temperature so we'll see
how that works next time i need to do an upload.

I am curious if it affects
/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*

I have never tried to do anything with this interface. I decided to look
into sysfs because in the past, having an issue with screen brightness
controls, I found backlight among cooling devices.

I have not read the following links with enough attention, so I can not
say that they provide enough details to try runtime configuration:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/thermal/thermal.txt
Thermal Framework Device Tree descriptor

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/driver-api/thermal/sysfs-api.html
Generic Thermal Sysfs driver How To
(https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/driver-api/thermal/index.html)

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Thermal_overview