Re: how to limit a CPU temperature?

songbird wrote:

> i have a program that has changed it's behavior to suddenly
> become a CPU hog (while doing something simple like
> uploading files for my website). probably a bug, but it got
> me to wondering how i could limit the CPU temperature to
> a range well below the maximum that kicks in by the
> CPU itself.
>
> i have an intel processor and it has the MAX which does
> prevent it from going higher (100C), but i'd like to keep it
> at 70C or lower.

>From software? Don't know ...

But install fans and see if you still get high temperatures if
you didn't (?) ...

Some data that can be fun and how far I got. Well, it's
a material sport so you get as long/much as you buy.

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ebchw/comp.jpg
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ebchw/ebchw.jpg
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ebchw/COMPUTER
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/temp