Re: OT: Re: Git Branching

On Sun, Mar 05, 2023 at 09:05:01AM +0100, john doe wrote:
> On 3/5/23 04:59, William Torrez Corea wrote:
> > I am working with remotes, when i want push to the remote with this command
>
> What CMD?
>
> > appear the following error:
> >
> > *git push main master*
>
> This error looks to indicate that you are pushing to main and master
> branches.

No. It's trying to push the branch master to the remote repo main.
Which would be an unusual naming scheme, but not forbidden.

> > fatal: 'main' does not appear to be a git repository
> > > fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

See? There is no remote repo main.

> > I have the following branching:
> >
> > >    main
> > > * master
>
> Why are you mixing the old branching naming scheme and the new one?

This suggests some confusion, but we just don't know.
I've had branches "main" and "master" in parallel at
times (mainly to rename master to main, but hey). The
Big Git didn't come out to bite me ;-)

Cheers