OT: Re: Git Branching

On 3/5/23 04:59, William Torrez Corea wrote:
I am working with remotes, when i want push to the remote with this command

What CMD?

appear the following error:

*git push main master*

This error looks to indicate that you are pushing to main and master
branches.

fatal: 'main' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.

I have the following branching:

   main
* master

Why are you mixing the old branching naming scheme and the new one?

I don't want to create a new branching, I want to push my advance to the
main but it is impossible. This creates a new branching.

I'll assume here that by branching you mean branch.

Basically, you need to have your 'remote' to point to upstream and then
you can select the branch you want to push to:

$ git push <REMOTE> <BRANCH>

Flagging this as OT.

--
John Doe