Re: Xfce destop environment

Hi William,

xfce configuration files relevant to your user session are stored in your home dir.

you can more or less just delete / move the config files and they should get recreated upon logging in to a xfce session.

I searched on google for "reset xfce configuration" and found many posts like this:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=122332

"Open a terminal, back up your current configuration:

Code: Select all

mv ~/.config/xfce4  ~/.config/xfce4.bak

Then either leave it like that, which will reset to a default Xfce desktop (no Linux Mint customizations), or copy the skeleton files with the following command, which will reset to a default Linux Mint Xfce desktop:

Code: Select all

cp -r /etc/xdg/xfce4 ~/.config

Then log out and log in again to effectuate the new configuration."

I believe you good get results in such a way.

It also might be just smth small which is broken.

Could you describe "broken" some more? A panel might be hidden but u can access all xfce configuration panels by right clicking on the empty desktop open a menu, than applications follwed by settings.

Also take a look at the xfce project documentation, it's quite large with many screenshots to demonstrate the principles of xfce

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/getting-started#the_desktop_environment

Nearly everything is just a right click from configuration separated.

You could also create a new user account with xfce configured as default session and copy your files over :)

Good luck :)

Cheers,

Martin