Re: Xfce destop environment

William Torrez Corea wrote:

>  On Mon, 2023-01-30 at 00:07 -0600, William Torrez Corea wrote:
>  > What happened with my desktop environment?
>  >
>  > My desktop environment has problems, the title bar is hidden.
[...]
> The problem started 1 month ago. I don't know what caused the problem, a
> day logged in on my laptop and the desktop environment is ruined.

It could be a case where the window manager (xfwm4) died or failed to
start for some reason.  If the system is configured to remember what
applications were running when you exit a session, future logins will
not have xfwm4, either.

I'm not running Xfce at the moment, so I can't give you exact
instructions.  But if you start the settings manager, look for "session"
and click on that.  Then click on the tab for current applications and
see if xfwm4 is listed there.  If it is, then my guess is wrong and the
problem is something else.  If it is not, start xfwm4 by hand, and
everything should be good.

mike