Re: laptop freezes randomly - please help!! dell xps 15 with debian testing

Hi,

> In the past week my laptop freezes randomly, I can say it happens every 2-3
> hours. but there are actions that consistently always cause a freeze, like
> opening Zoom or executing lspci in Terminator.

I would suggest:
- try to get more debugging info using SysRQ keys [1]
- try to get more debugging info using netconsole[2] (needs wired connection)
- try another OS (Ubuntu live CD, Windows) to rule out hardware problem

[1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/sysrq.html
[2] https://debamax.com/blog/2019/01/03/debugging-with-netconsole/

Alex