Re: Recommended SSDs and 4-bay internal dock

Tom Browder wrote:
> I plan to install a 4-bay, hot swappable SSD dock to replace the existing
> DVD in my only 5.5" externally accesible bay.  To fill it, I will get up to
> four 2.5 inch SSDs of 1 Tb: MX500 by Crucial. My plan is to use the SSDs
> for backup, but not in a RAID configuration.
>
> I would appreciate opinions on my choice of SSD, as well as which brand of
> dock is recommended: ICY DOCK versus StarTech. On Amazon, the ICY DOCK
> mentions a lithium battery but the StarTech doesn't, and I'm not sure why
> it's needed.

I have lots of MX500 1TB SSDs in service, and they are perfectly
fine, largely unremarkable devices.

I have some ICY DOCK and Startech disk-related things; not very
many, and not the specific things you are looking for here. In
my experience, they are both perfectly fine.

-dsr-