Recommended SSDs and 4-bay internal dock

I plan to install a 4-bay, hot swappable SSD dock to replace the existing DVD in my only 5.5" externally accesible bay.  To fill it, I will get up to four 2.5 inch SSDs of 1 Tb: MX500 by Crucial. My plan is to use the SSDs for backup, but not in a RAID configuration.

I would appreciate opinions on my choice of SSD, as well as which brand of dock is recommended: ICY DOCK versus StarTech. On Amazon, the ICY DOCK mentions a lithium battery but the StarTech doesn't, and I'm not sure why it's needed.

Thanks.

-Tom