Re: HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eh0000 (9WD46AV) Not Charging

On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 11:28 PM Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 11:20 PM Timothy M Butterworth
<timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing an issue with HP Laptops not charging? It will work perfectly fine for a while and then simply not charge. I thought maybe it was a bad power adapter. I bought a new adapter but it still does the same thing.

It looks like the UEFI has a component test, and one of the components
is Power. You might give it a try.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00363266

(It also looks like the charging issue is a common problem).

Jeff

I ran the diagnostic on the Power Adapter and on the battery. The power adapter passes with no problems. The battery passes the first test and then fails the charging test. It says it has a blown fuse. Of course the laptop warranty already expired.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/