Re: kernels in testing (was: Re: Debian failed)

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 2:05 PM songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
Timothy M Butterworth wrote:
> Testing and Sid track pretty close to the latest kernel releases. Testing
> currently has version 6.0.10. New kernel versions are first uploaded to Sid
> then after about a week they are uploaded to testing. Testing, when not in
> freeze, is more like a rolling distro than a stable distro.

  yes, and i've had very few problems with it for a long time,
but i still also keep a bootable stable partition because when
you need something to work for sure it is better than trying to
fix testing quickly

I'm currently running on testing. I have to in order to get my HDMI Audio to work. I have stable on my media center PC.  I have had more problems with stable than with testing. Elisa on stable crashes when there is a large number of songs or multiple cd's in an album. Elisa on Testing works just fine with no issues. I like testing and surprisingly it does not get that many updates. I had openSUSE Tumbleweed rolling installed and there were hundreds of updates every day and they were not all using delta-RPM.

  songbird

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/