Re: LF (was Re: CR/LF)

On Sun, 2022-12-11 at 21:22 +0000, debian-user@howorth.org.uk wrote:

> You're misunderstanding what Greg's saying, again. He's not saying you
> were given working solutions three times, he's saying you were told at
> least three times that echo without -n will always produce a newline.

I believe that I have made it very clear, yesterday[1], that using or
not using -n was not an option for my use-case because it produced
inconsistent results depending on the cmd output.  To claim that I did
not, and do not, know that is disingenuous.

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2022/12/msg00277.html