Re: LF (was Re: CR/LF)

On Sun, 2022-12-11 at 08:54 -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 08:16:35AM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > That said. Greg, I was also shaken by your roaring tone.
>
> Yeah, well, he was told the same thing, repeatedly, by multiple people,
> and somehow he managed to ignore every single instance of it.

That is not true at all.   The closest truth to that is your reply to
David Wright[1].  The other email[2], from that same time frame, was
about using '-n', the third, unrelated, email[3] was general
pontification (e.g. WOW, THAT WAS FAST!) by some guy who got tripped up
by the nuanced differences between LF and CR/LF.  Still, the best info
did came from you Greg, eventually, but it's the same email that Tomas
is questioning your roaring tone. So was your roaring toned email, where
you provided the helpful answer, the cause of your own frustration? Or
do you know of any other relevant emails that exist from that time frame
that I don't link below?

> It's rather frustrating.

Indeed, indeed it is.

-Jim P.