Re: CR/LF

On Sun, 2022-12-11 at 07:04 -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 23:16:12 -0500
> Jim Popovitch <jim@k4vqc.com> wrote:
>
> > > There is still no CR.  At all.  Ever.  This is not Microsoft
> > > Windows.
> >
> > Why would you assume Windows is involved?  This is about running cmds
> > from Debian 11 to Debian 11.
>
> Because you originally asked about a CR/LF (carriage return, and line
> feed) sequence. That is a Windows end-of-line indicator. Linux indicates
> end of line with LF only. Macs, I believe, use CR only. So you brought
> in the Windows-ism, not Greg Wooledge.

Ahh, sorry for using a descriptive acronym that I have used for decades
to define an end-of-line. Whether it's in-fact a CR/LF, or just a LF,
doesn't really change the original question about the addition of a end-
of-line being inserted into the $TEST variable. The fact that it
affected someone so much is quite impressive.

-Jim P.