Re: CR/LF

On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 11:48:36AM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:

[...]

> Ahh, sorry for using a descriptive acronym that I have used for decades
> to define an end-of-line. Whether it's in-fact a CR/LF, or just a LF,
> doesn't really change the original question [...]

No, but it confuses the hell out of potential helpers. I went "what, a
CR? I'll have to think more about that", which might close the window
I can set aside to field questions.

It's difficult to explain, but asking questions also involves some
pedagogical skills: you want to express your problem as concisely, but
still as precisely as possible: you "owe" that to the folks who take
the time to (a) try to understand your question and (b) try to formulate
an answer in a way that you (hopefully) can understand it.

Communications, protocols.

Cheers

Q "There's an OKAPI in the kitchen"
A "An okapi, seriously?"
Q "No, well, it's the cat, but it's so fat I call it an okapi"

:-)

Cheers