Re: t-bird vs filters to sort msgs

On 12/11/22 10:00, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 09:51:05AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

Nov 22 is the last time that about half my filters stopped working. I have
recreated 3 or 4, putting them at the top of filter list displayed, but they
don't work either.

Is it time to learn a new to me but more stable emailer, like
alpine or such?

A lot of us use mutt - command line email client that seems to mostly
do the right thing when configured - and works well with included HTML
if you add urlview. There are a whole lot of good email clients.

alpine is, essentially, the grandchild of pine - so you may find you
already know the interface from years ago.

There are fewer and fewer users of Thunderbird, one way and another, and
while upstream is still there, Thunderbird is a lot less prominent than
it was.

I can see why, t-bird seems to have lost its direction with something else breaking at about the same pace as my laundry.

I'll take a look at mutt.  Thanks Andy.

All best, as ever,

Andy Cater

Cheers, Gene Heskett.