Re: Detailed Leafpad manual [not just manpage]?

On Sun, 4 Dec 2022 05:29 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I wish to document a personal project.The desired format will resemble
> the outline for term papers we wrote in school in the 50's. Except some
> items may be a short paragraph or two long.

Like some others here, I can only guess what those outlines look like.

> I did a web search for text editors with an auto-indent feature.
> The only one I recognized was Leafpad. But I couldn't find appropriate
> documentation or "howto". Where would I find it?

Leafpad is just a simple text editor, it does not need documentation.
Just check Options > Auto indent from the menu.
I still have it installed in Bookworm. It was in active development from
2004 till 2010. I think it's a pity Debian removed it for that reason;
it's perfect as it is, it does not need further development.
I have another distro, OpenSUSE, where it is still available.

> Any other suggestions for a basic text editor in the Debian repository
> with an auto-indent feature. I'm not interested in a full blown word
> processor.

IMO, a good editor for this purpose would be the Bluefish editor.
It basically supports programming and markup languages.
Indentations may be tabs or spaces.
The size of the indentations is configurable.
The indentation of selected lines may be increased or decreased in one go.