Re: Intel X540-AT2 and Debian: intermittent connection

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 6:25 AM hw <hw@adminart.net> wrote:

> I have an X540-AT2 network card in my backup server and it worked when I was
> running Fedora on the server.
>
> I installed Debian on it and wanted to make backups with rsync, but the
> connection via this network card is now intermittent where it used to be stable
> with Fedora.

Fedora uses the latest version of a package that's available at the
release date. Maybe Fedora was using a newer driver than Debian?

It looks like there's several updated Linux drivers at
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/60020/intel-ethernet-controller-x540at2/downloads.html
. Maybe you can try one of the newer drivers on the Debian machine?

Jeff