Re: ZFS performance (was: Re: deduplicating file systems: VDO withDebian?)

On Fri, 2022-11-11 at 17:05 +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2022-11-11, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> >
> > I just contested that their failure rate is higher than that of HDDs.
> > This is something which was true in early days, but nowadays it seems
> > to be just a prejudice.
>
> If he prefers extrapolating his anecdotal personal experience to a
> general rule rather than applying a verifiable general rule to his
> personal experience, then there's just nothing to be done for him!

There is no "verifyable general rule" here.  You can argue all you want and
claim that SSDs fail less than hard disks, and it won't change the fact that, as
I've said, I've seen them failing about the same.

It's like you argue that the sun didn't go up today.  It won't change the fact
that I've seen that the sun has gone up today.