Re: else or Debian (Re: ZFS performance (was: Re: deduplicating file systems: VDO with Debian?))

hw wrote:
> And I've been reading that when using ZFS, you shouldn't make volumes with more
> than 8 disks.  That's very inconvenient.

Where do you read these things?

The number of disks in a zvol can be optimized, depending on
your desired redundancy method, total number of drives, and
tolerance for reduced performance during resilvering.

Multiple zvols together form a zpool. Filesystems are allocated from
a zpool.

8 is not a magic number.

-dsr-