signing up to fourms

Why do you have to make it so hard to sign up to the user forums?
Auto gen passwords do not work, and the requirements are excessive!
Antispam question #1 makes no sense.
No (show text) for passwords.
Confirmation item (shield for window) makes no sense.
I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING SO STUPID. (67yr old, been using nothing but Ubuntu and Mint and other Linux OS's since 2006. Started with SuSe Professional 8.2 on CD's  - 2003)
Wouldn't be here but for lack of basic apps that are standard on EVERY other OS I've ever installed and that's a lot of different systems in 16 years.
Cant even find a app for formatting disks, HD's or USB sticks.
Am I going to have to find another distro or can you all get your shit together so I can join the forums and use a Debian distro?
I know how to get around a lot of things, but why are you making everything so hard? Having to install every needed app by hand that should be included in the OS as standard!

Sincerely, Bruce Harrington