Re: Some of the parameters used in my genisoimage command don't produce a bootable ISO image

Sometimes it happens that no one replied to a specific ML. Anyway I have some experience in linux and freebsd management. I have used Linux,as a hobbyist ,since the 1990's. But it happens rarely. More often happens that inside the IRC channels no one will help. I've always found a lot of bots and nothing more than that. I'm not in a good situation. I've posted the question in a LOT of places. I have trouble finding more places to ask. I can't even open a bug report,because I don't see any bugs. I've even asked more times on the cubic github. No one replied and after 15 days questions expired. Can you suggest some other nice places where I can post the question again ?   Check all the questions that I have already asked and that still are without a reply :

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/trying-to-customize-debian-11-with-cubic-and-a-preseed-file-the-preseed-file-is-ignored-4175717533/

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/720208/trying-to-customize-debian-11-with-cubic-and-a-preseed-file-the-preseed-file-i

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73996828/trying-to-customize-debian-11-with-cubic-and-a-preseed-file-the-preseed-file-i

https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/y00f48/trying_to_repack_and_make_again_bootable_the/

https://answers.launchpad.net/cubic/+question/703422

I can't start my own project. I'm a hobbyist. I don't have the competences. Furthermore,it makes no sense to do that,because the projects I need are already there. It is called cubic and even the Debian preseeding is an old method. I don't need to reinvent the wheel. Here the question is structural. A lot of developers have no time to give support. But I'm sure that if they get money,they will find it.

Il giorno mar 11 ott 2022 alle ore 13:04 Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> ha scritto:
Hi,

Mario Marietto wrote:
> I suppose that the ML debian-live is not
> active or it is a very very low level of activity.

It's what exists in respect to Debian Live ISOs.
  https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-live/
mentions the bug tracking system, the debian-live mailing list, and an
IRC channel.

I'm not sure whether Debian Live has a dedicated maintainer currently.
But there is some hope that someone is subscribed to the mailing list
and knows what currently works and what does not.

> I would like to be helped by
> Thomas,because I trust in his high level of skills.

I was able to help you with the task of repacking the ISO bootable for
BIOS and EFI, because i am the developer of xorriso, which Debian uses
instead of genisoimage to pack up its ISOs.
But i cannot help with questions about preseeding Debian ISOs or most
other aspects of the content of a Debian ISO.

As stated, i am even unsure if the documentation at
  https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apbs01.en.html
applies to Debian Live (or only to debian-cd ISOs).
Therefore i recommended to ask at debian-live for currently working examples.

Maybe you will receive some help here or there, maybe not.
Actually frustration about lack of support is one of the classic
motivations to start own software projects.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas

--
Mario.