Re: update-initramfs outside of /boot

Le 01/10/2022 à 17:16, Stefan Monnier a écrit :
My /boot is 235 MB (from deb 10 installer), however in testing I now have
56MB initramfs files and update-initramfs cannot work for the 3rd kernel to
install (and apt autoremove keeps 2 kernels, thus at upgrade there are
temporarily 3 kernels).
     MODULES=dep

and

     COMPRESS=lzma

in `initramfs.conf` can make a big difference.

         Stefan

I alreaady have compres=zstd (should be better than lzma). modules=most because I do not like the "guess". An d It would be a temporary mesuer since initramfs siuze keeps growing. I just do not see the point of building it in /boot rather than eg /tmp or another directory specified in conf.