First of all, I tested all my BD backup discs now, and there are no problems
from #1 (2017) - #12 (05/2018) as well as #14 - #17 (2019-05/2020).
# 13 from 03/2019 fails.

#1 to #10 are all from 05/2017, they're the first BD backup at all and I assume
I used some manual workflow back then to start with; they also contain only
pictures, not my current larger set of files.

Then there's #11/#12 (2018), #14/#15 (01/2020) as well as #16/#17 (05/2020),
with each of these pairs being completely ok.

Afterwards (#18 - #22) there is a pattern such as
#18 (disc 1 of 2 for 01/2021) fails
#19 (disc 2 of 2 for 01/2021) is ok
#20 (disc 1 of 2 for 07/2021) fails
#21 (disc 2 of 2 for 07/2021) is ok
#22 is disc 1 of "NA" for 06/2022: I noticed the problem and didn't
continue...

I use git for my script, but only since 2020; there's no change to my IMGSIZE
setting in the git log, so this cannot explain why #11 - #17 are ok, #18
starts failing. #13 from 2019 is kind of an outlier.

I'm going to try a new full (not incremental) backup, spanning multiple discs,
in the near future and test my script thoroughly... but before, I'll add an
option to it which allows to modify the "last backup date" value stored in the
extended attributes of the filesystem for all backuped folders. That's the part
I really like: I can see very easily in a file manager (dolphin in this case),
which folders are backuped and when the last backup has been done.

Best,
Bernd