Re: Problem mounting encrypted blu-ray disc or image

On 7/9/22 08:41, B.M. wrote:

If you want you can have a look at my script, I attached it to this mail...

I have written several generations of such scripts in Bourne and Perl over the past 3+ decades. They all have obvious and inobvious limitations and bugs.

What we both have are programs. What we really want is programming systems product [1] -- especially if we are going to trust it for backup and recovery.

Learning and implementing the suggests in my prior response [2] have improved my various scripts, but I have often thought I should just migrate to an established and mature FOSS solution:

https://www.linuxlinks.com/backup/

Doing so would:

1.  Give me more confidence in my backups, and the ability to restore.

2. Once I learned the software, I could just use it and not have to debug or upgrade my own software every time I find a bug or want another feature.

David

[1] https://www.pearson.com/us/higher-education/program/Brooks-Mythical-Man-Month-The-Essays-on-Software-Engineering-Anniversary-Edition-2nd-Edition/PGM172844.html

[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg783600.html