Re: Problem mounting encrypted blu-ray disc or image

> Good questions. Make some experiments. :))
> At least the manual intervention is a good suspect because it occurs exactly
> when you get undecryptable images.

Will do later.

> I see in your script:
>
>     umount /mnt/BDbackup
>     cryptsetup luksClose /dev/mapper/BDbackup
>     losetup -d $IMGLOOP
>

>     #
>     # Step 5: Burn to BD-R
>     #
>
> and would expect that the three lines are there for a reason.

Well, I'm a thorough guy ;-) If I do losetup, luskOpen, mount before copying
files, I do umount, luksClose, losetup afterwards as well.

> Do i understand correctly that the overflow happens in line 173
> with the tar run ?
>
>  tar cf - -C "`dirname "$line"`" "`basename "$line"`" | plzip >
> "$zipfilename1"

Exactly.

> If so: What happens next ? Does the script abort without cleaning up ?
> (I.e. no unmounting, closing, and de-looping by the script ?)

It tries for all remaining folders, all of them immediately fail because of
disk full and then it waits for input at step 4, i.e. no automatic cleaning up
but if I continue (what I do) it will do the cleanup before burning.

> > >   dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/dvd
> >
> > INQUIRY:                [PIONEER ][BD-RW   BDR-209D][1.30]
>
> That's the killer of Verbatim BD-RE. (If you buy BD-RE, then take any other
> brand, which will probably be made by Ritek.)

Do I understand correctly, you say that this Pioneer drive doesn't work well
with Verbatim BD-RE, i.e. their rewriteable BDs. Since I only use BD-R, it
doesn't matter for me and my use case, but thank you nevertheless.

> There would still be 100 MB free for another session.
> (But don't mess with good backups which are not intended as multi-session.)

For backup reasons, I use each BD disc once, no overwriting, no multi-session,
just write and forget (OK, I should have tested them for readability
afterwards, not just randomly but all of them - lesson learned)  ;-)

Best,
Bernd