Re: Processors older than Intel Pentium 4

> Is anyone running Debian 11 on a processor older than Pentium 4?

I'm running Debian 10 on a 400 MHz Pentium II.
512 MiB RAM and a 240 GB SSD bottlenecked by a 33 MB/s IDE interface.

So, Debian 11 hardware compatibility the same as for Debian 10?
Because I don't want to deal with a (more) broken system.

> I ask because I would like to bump 32 bit OS support from i386 (1985) to i686 Pentium 4 and newer.

I think others have already pointed out that increasing the requirements
of the "i386" version won't leave many CPUs that it supports that aren't
also supported by the amd64 version and x32 version.

When the x32 port becomes official, the only reason (that I can imagine)
to use the i386 port would be for really old computers.