Re: Sid installation fails - No kernel modules found

On Sat, 16 Jul 2022 at 21:02, Piscium <groknok@gmail.com> wrote:

> I chose "Execute Shell", got a window with instructions that mentions
> /target, was dropped into BusyBox, and strangely enough there is no
> /target in the RAM disk. The other usual folders at the root are there
> (/bin, /dev, and so on).

On BusyBox I ran 'uname -a' and it told me I am running the debian-sid
kernel 5.10.0-8, built on 2021-07-28. This might be the reason for the
error message I got, "No kernel modules found". It is a very old
kernel. So perhaps the mini.iso was not built in a long while and got
out of date, or else the mirror is out of date. The mirror site says
the upload date is 31-Jul-2021 04:20. I looked at the German mirror
and it is the same date.

Any ideas? Anyway, this is not a big problem because there are two
other methods of installing sid, from the Stable iso and from the
Testing iso.