Re: Converting an old Chromebook to pure Debian, was: OT, Recommendation for low cost laptop

On 11/07/2022 15:42, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:
On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 7:36 AM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

Ottavio Caruso wrote:
On 11/07/2022 08:32, john doe wrote:

I'm looking for something cheap (max would be around 300 bucks), do you
have any suggestions/ideas?

My local Cash-Converter/Generator(s) have plenty of old-ish Chromebooks
for
£50 or less.

I know it's possible to run some sort of Linux with trickeries like
Crouton
or similar. I wonder if it's just possible to nuke all Google related
junk
and install native Debian or is it not technically possible?

ChromeOS has support to run Debian 10 Apps. They are installed using apt
just like a standard debian install.

Yes, but I believe it's a container, not the real thing.

--
Ottavio Caruso