Converting an old Chromebook to pure Debian, was: OT, Recommendation for low cost laptop

Hi, inspired by:

On 11/07/2022 08:32, john doe wrote:

I'm looking for something cheap (max would be around 300 bucks), do you
have any suggestions/ideas?

My local Cash-Converter/Generator(s) have plenty of old-ish Chromebooks for £50 or less.

I know it's possible to run some sort of Linux with trickeries like Crouton or similar. I wonder if it's just possible to nuke all Google related junk and install native Debian or is it not technically possible?

--
Ottavio Caruso