Re: Debian 11: How to disable IPv6

On Sat, 9 Jul 2022 15:59:48 -0400
gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> Andy, you obviously don't live in ipv4 only territory. Until n-m or
> whatever gets trained to auto switch to ipv4 if 6 fails, then we have
> no choice but to disable it if we want network connectivity of any
> kind outside of our own home nets, in an address block that does not
> get thru a router.

Gene, I also live at the end of an IPv4 only connection. By and large I
simply ignore IPv6. You may have an oddball setup, but it is up to you
to housebreak your applications to use IPv4 first. I do it in part by
using my own resolver, BIND9, and having it return only IPv4 addresses.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/