Re: Setting up Mailman3 under Debian (using packages)

	Hello,

[Sorry for the delayed response. I only got around to try this out now.]

On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 09:35:33PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> > Using the Debian 10 packages I can get to a point where the web interface
> > is up and running and I get to a login prompt. But I have no idea how
> > to setup the admin account or how to change the admin password if
> > an admin account has automatically been created.
> >
> > Any advise would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> The web UI is a django application. During the installation of the
> mailman3-web package, you should have been prompted to give the
> postorius superuser password.

That doesn't happen on my system. I've completely wiped any traces
of Djano (including config) and installed "mailman3-full" which
also installed "mailman3-web". I got prompted twice for the database
that I want to use (I chose "sqlite" both times) but I was never
asked for a super password.

And the "python3-django-postorius" definitely got installed:

	Setting up python3-django-mailman3 (1.2.0-3) ...
	Setting up python3-django-postorius (1.2.4-1+deb10u1) ...
	Setting up python3-django-hyperkitty (1.2.2-1+deb10u1) ...
	Setting up mailman3-web (0+20180916-8) ...
	dbconfig-common: writing config to /etc/dbconfig-common/mailman3-web.conf

> If you have deactivated debconf or provided an empty password, then no
> superuser has been created.

I've not deactivated "debconf" as the prompts for the database prove.
But there is no prompt for the super user password.

> In that case, you can use django-admin binary command to set a superuser
> password.
>
> See /usr/share/doc/mailman3-web/README.Debian.gz for more intel.

Running "dpkg-reconfigure mailman3-web" manually gave me the dialog
for setting up the Postorius admin user.

	Kind regards