Re: Setting up Mailman3 under Debian (using packages)

Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk> wrote on 01/07/2022 at 20:23:18+0200:

> 	Hello,
>
> I'm trying to migrate the mailing lists on my server from legacy Mailan to
> Mailman 3 to be able to finally update the system from Buster to Bullseye.
> I've found guides how to migrate the configuration and lists but I haven't
> found a guide how to complete the basic installation on Debian.
>
> Using the Debian 10 packages I can get to a point where the web interface
> is up and running and I get to a login prompt. But I have no idea how
> to setup the admin account or how to change the admin password if
> an admin account has automatically been created.
>
> Any advise would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

The web UI is a django application. During the installation of the
mailman3-web package, you should have been prompted to give the
postorius superuser password.

If you have deactivated debconf or provided an empty password, then no
superuser has been created.

In that case, you can use django-admin binary command to set a superuser
password.

See /usr/share/doc/mailman3-web/README.Debian.gz for more intel.

Cheers!
--
PEB