Re: Problem with csh

On 2022-07-02 14:24, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Sat, Jul 02, 2022 at 01:18:08PM -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I have one application that I compile which requires the csh shell.

comp@AbNormal:~$ csh
Bad : modifier in $ '/'.
AbNormal:~%

I've never seen this before but the compilation process still worked.

What's going on?

Ask your academia comrades. Nobody outside of academia will know, because
nobody else still uses csh.  For anything.  It's just bad.

Quick Google search shows it is an issue with the syntax of defining environment variables:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40968061/bad-modifier-in

Bijan