Re: [SOLVED] Re: One-user system.

On 5/6/22 19:16, John Hasler wrote:
James H. H. Lampert writes:
I started with a TRS-80 Model I myself (and with high school
programming classes on an IBM 370/135 at the District Office, with
terminals connected over a pair of multiplexed phone lines [and a
maximum terminal speed of 300 Baud]).
Punch cards and an IBM 1620 at university.  The first computer I owned I
built using a Z80 SBC demo board. Cassette tape mass storage, modified
Selectric printer, OCLC crt terminal, homebrew OS.

I starting in college with punch cards an IBM 360 and a PDP 11/15 that actually let me sit at a terminal.  After I graduated I got a TRS 80 Model III (Z80)  with cassette tape for mass storage and 16K of RAM.

Marc