[SOLVED, sort of] After upgrade to bullseye, tty1-6 not working

>> Hello Hobie,
>>
>> On 2022-04-20 12:13 UTC+0200, hobie of RMN wrote:
>>> Hi, Folks -
>>
>>> With buster, I had done some tweaking to the boot command line in order
>>> have a certain font size come up in the plain text console windows.
> Should I suspect that's still present in grub and is for some reason
> problematic under bullseye?  Any tips, hints, suggestions, wild-eyed
> speculations would be appreciated. :)
>> Wild-eyed speculation: The tweaks are probably still present in
>> /etc/default/grub. Remove them to see if the problems are related.
>
> thanks, Christian and Greg. :)   Here's the 'tweak' that has worked well
> for years, before this upgrade - I'll break it into a few lines but it's
> all one line in /etc/default/grub:
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=
> "video=640x400.
> consoleblank=600 reboot=pci radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.cik_support=1"
>
> Changing video=640x400 to video=640x480 overcomes the "Input not support"
> error problem but makes the characters smaller and leaves some screen real
> estate unused -- which is exactly why video=60x400 is what I had
> eventually added to the command line in the first place. :(
>
> Hardware has remained the same.  What does anyone think has changed in the
> upgrade to produce this odd problem?  Is there a DVI module or driver that
> would be a likely suspect?

(sigh) As mentioned, the video=640x400 appears to have caused my initial
problem, and changing it to video=640x480 took care of that - but it's
left me squinting at my console screens because of the smaller font, and
I'd love to find the way to restore the slightly larger font.  However, I
surrender, glad to have fixed the main initial problem. :)