Re: Networking pb

Hi Charles,

Thank you for quick answering me.

I'm going to guess that this is a simple network, such as a home,
> with
> just the two computers on it.

Yes !

> What exactly do you mean by "connect"? SSH? ping? If you mean via
> SMB,
> that suggests you successfully set the Linux computer up as an SMB
> server. Did you?

I don't remeber to have installed smb on my Linux. I just downloaded
the packages. On the mac, I click on the Linux Desktop'name, (which
appears in any window), a window appears, I can login in the Desktop
Linux with my name and password, and I see my files, when I'm on the
mac.

> When you go to what "Network" directory? How do you go to it? Is this
> in the GUI or command line? What GUI are you using? XFCE? Gnome? KDE?
I have Gnome only only on the Linux desktop. You see, the is a
"Network" in the GUI, I expect the mac to appear here.

Thank you for your time !

Cheers

hussein