Re: fstab problem [FIXED]

On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 08:00, ghe2001 <ghe2001@protonmail.com> wrote:

> > My bad -- default options is spelled 'defaults'.
> >
> > UUID=301d6d6d-6782-4be3-b979-0cb595ef1a48 /backupDisk ext4 defaults 0 0
>
> Well, damned if it didn't work.  And I had all of my non-root fstab entries with singular defaults too.  Thanks vastly, David.

The only reason to that <options>=defaults exists is so that
a non-default value can be specified for either <dump> or <pass>,
while not specifying any non-default <options>.

Because there can't be a fifth or sixth column unless there is
also a fourth column. "defaults" is just a dummy value for the
fourth column.

Using "defaults 0 0" is specifying default value for all three

In that situation, they can all be omitted.