Re: Odd reproducible problem - but is it a bug?

On Wed, May 04, 2022 at 05:23:31AM +0200, Anders Andersson wrote:

[on sbin]

> On this note, I've always found it annoying that debian (and likely
> others) don't put /sbin in the normal user's $PATH. A lot of the tools
> there have uses other than modifying the system.

I've grown accustomed to that. For example, `ifconfig' is just named
`/sbin/ifconfig'.

That said, the pattern seems to be dying out. Ifconfig's new and
all-shiny cousin, ip,  already is lodged in /bin, so there you go.
My muscle memory has adapted.

I don't think you can convince others to follow along, so you're
better off "enhancing", e.g. your /etc/profile. That's what it's
for, after all :-)

Cheers