Re: Networking book recommendation

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 17:27 Bob Weber <bobrweber@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you thought of using a small VM in the cloud?

Yes, I have, Bob, and I have a Digital Ocean account and plan to use it for another use case soon. But I do love having my master source and webserver where I can touch them and fix hardware problems.

One of my problems is my favorite websites are ones for my college class (https://usafa-1965.org) and my brother's Marine TBS class (https://novco1968tbs.com). In addition, I am starting an online directory for our church. All of them take a fair bit of storage because of heavy picture use and also require good response during my heavy development use periods. I have been spoiled by having real bare-iron servers.

BTW, you mention email use. I used to use GNU Mailman 2 but am now considering Sympa [mainly because it is (1) Perl (i.e., non-Python) and (2) it is monolithic and hasn't been broken up into pieces like Mailman 3]. So what do you use?

Thanks.

-Tom