Re: Networking book recommendation

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 14:42 Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm about to sign up for a fixed IPv4 address to my home. I know a bit about setting up simple internal networks, but want to make sure I'm doing it all correctly and securely. Does anyone have a good book they recommend for such use?

I appreciate all the responses, and I realize, once again, that I should have given a little more background for the question:

I have been running 10+ websites using SNI on Apache on two leased remote servers for many years. I am now moving the whole operation, gradually, to operate out of my home on my own Debian server. During those years I've had several hardware failures that were hard to deal with remotely, hence the decision to come home (especially since I now have a bit more space for the additional equipment).

I have been using a firewall and iptables to minimize inbound traffic, but the details some have sent are very helpful for my current plan.

In addition to the webserver being accessed externally, I will be sshing into my home server while traveling.

Thanks to all.

-Tom