Re: [WORKED AROUND] Re: mariadb does not run

On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 04:26:13PM +0200, Lucio Crusca wrote:
> That makes me suspect there's a problem with the official
> mariadb-server-core-10.6 Debian package, but it's very strange no such bug
> has been filed yet (how could that happen only to me?).

For any given bug, *someone* has to be the first to encounter it.  If this
particular bug only happens on new installs of the package, and not on
upgrades from stable, it makes sense that relatively few people running
unstable/testing would encounter it.

(Most people running unstable/testing would have already had mariadb
installed and running from an older version, so this would just be an
upgrade.  Also, relatively few people who run a mariadb server would be
using unstable/testing.  One doesn't typically run a database on an
unstable platform, outside of development situations.)